Friday, July 17, 2009

Good news...

Today we had several early morning tests - mammograms & ultrasounds. These mammograms aren't your average ones... They're REALLY thorough! The ultrasound went well (it was just the breasts), but they saw (I think) 2 lymph nodes quite close to the tumor. They went ahead & did a fine needle aspiration biopsy of these lymph nodes. Again, I was awake the whole time, but this was MUCH better than the other biopsy. The preliminary results came back negative for cancer. That means that chances are in my favor for the cancer being limited only to my breast & not anywhere else. I have a MRI tonight of my spine to check it out (make sure there's no cancer their either). Other than that I don't know much else.

I just heard that at 9 am Monday I have my EKG (to check my heart b/4 surgery &/or chemo). I also have another appointment w/ Dr. Litton later that same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Chemo-Jane hair-style

My Chemo-Jane hair-style
I just had to have my mom buzz my hair because it was falling out so badly.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.
My loving husband is watching me distract myself with a game on his iPhone.

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs
I even have a fashionable belt to hold up my drains.

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE
The smile is fake because the TEs were irritating!