Thursday, May 20, 2010

I love my co-workers

I love my co-workers across the state. I've been back to work for a month now & I figured it was about time for me to write a thank you email to everyone across the state that knew about my struggles. So I wrote a mass email & sent it out. Within less than 5 minutes I had 10 responses back with continued support and stories of others who've fought & won. What really strikes me is that most of these people do not know me at all. Without the wonders of email we'd never have contact. However, they opened their hearts and let me inside. They prayed for me. They thought good thoughts for me. They donated their own hard-earned time so I didn't have to pay out of pocket for my health insurance and such. I know I've said it before, but sometimes it takes something like this to make you truly believe people in the world *are* good. I'm sure I'm partially biased, but I think Kentuckians are a wonderful mix of good ole Southern Hospitality and Northern Compassion! What a great state I live in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Chemo-Jane hair-style

My Chemo-Jane hair-style
I just had to have my mom buzz my hair because it was falling out so badly.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.
My loving husband is watching me distract myself with a game on his iPhone.

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs
I even have a fashionable belt to hold up my drains.

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE
The smile is fake because the TEs were irritating!