Wednesday, July 13, 2011

More pain

I'm not sure what I did, but I'm having SERIOUS chest spasms. It all started by me trying to adjust the back of my bra with my left arm/hand.  I initially used 1/2 a Valium & 1/2 a Lortab. The pain was so bad that I couldn't wait until I got home (it was 330), so I had to call my dad to ride home with him to medicate. That means I had to leave my borrowed (from MIL) car in the parking lot over night. I also have to get up extra early to ride with dad. I'm so thankful to have that as an option!

Even with the meds I was hurting so much on the way home & when I arrived home that I could barely hug the kids or Andrew. I tried to take a hot bath to relax the muscles. However, the pain got worse by simply lifting a book slightly above my head.. I've taken another Lortab & still can't move much. :-( I'm in so much pain that I couldn't even dry myself after my bath. Thankfully Andrew is a wonderful husband! <3 He even coated my chest with Theragesic (like Ben-Gay or Icy Hot, but stronger).

When, oh, when will this end?? I was feeling optimistic after talking to the chiropractor today. I've apparently made progress that pleased the doctor. According to him my nervous system (according to the scans from today) is in good shape. Of course we also spoke about how my body apparently is one of the 2 out of 10 that doesn't follow the text-books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Chemo-Jane hair-style

My Chemo-Jane hair-style
I just had to have my mom buzz my hair because it was falling out so badly.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.
My loving husband is watching me distract myself with a game on his iPhone.

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs
I even have a fashionable belt to hold up my drains.

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE
The smile is fake because the TEs were irritating!