Thursday, November 17, 2011

LifeSiteNews thinks I'm worthy of a story!!

I have been humbled again by the support and encouragement I have received from strangers. LifeSiteNews, a pro-life, pro-family news agency has written a story about my journey. The author interviewed my mom, Andrew & me in addition to reading my prolific blog entries. His summation of my story is very humbling as he believes that my story will help save lives! Thank you Mr. Pete Baklinski!

That is why I write here & tell everyone who will listen what has happened to me; not because I want praise, fame, or sympathy, but because I truly want others to know that scary diagnoses while pregnant DO NOT have to end as a choice between mother or child. Since God is the Author of Life and He only gives us what we can handle, I know that living my life through this journey and glorifying God while speaking out for life is what He called me to do. I know that even one life saved through my story means that my suffering was not in vain!

Here's a link to the story (I hope, I'm composing this on my phone):

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/a-thanksgiving-gift-mother-with-aggressive-cancer-gives-birth-to-healthy-ba

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erika,
    I just read your story on LifeSiteNews and wanted to say how happy I am to hear of your story. A happy ending is always best and as you said God doesn't challenge us with more than we can handle. That is something I try to live by each day. We all have our struggles,but some more so than others. My mom had a double masectomy and uterine cancer, thankfully she never had to make the choice while pregnant. But she gave birth to five children before her cancer diagnosis in her 50's. She gave birth to my youngest sister who was born with spina bifida and never considered abortion. Sadly my younger sister is now going through chemo therapy&had to have an aggressive form of breast cancer removed. She is still a fighter, just like my mom. People like you,my mom and my sister are inspirations. I hope many more read your story and realize how sacred life is and that anything is possible with faith in God. A mother should never have to choose her life over her child's. You did the right thing and God stayed by your side. Blessings to you,your family and especially your precious daughter Rachel.

    ReplyDelete

My Chemo-Jane hair-style

My Chemo-Jane hair-style
I just had to have my mom buzz my hair because it was falling out so badly.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.
My loving husband is watching me distract myself with a game on his iPhone.

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs
I even have a fashionable belt to hold up my drains.

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE
The smile is fake because the TEs were irritating!