Monday, March 5, 2012

Hopeful but Trepidatious

I had planned to be sound asleep by now. As I'm writing this it is about 20 minutes into Monday, March 5". Tomorrow I have an appointment to discuss the results of my intensely painful EMG. Hopefully I will learn a bit more about the unforeseen consequence of my cancer treatment. Right now, I'm too busy dealing with the consequence to be able to sleep. I'm using Andrew's TENS unit to try to shock my muscles and nerves in my left arm and hand into submission. I also have physical therapy tomorrow. My PT is going well, but there's only so much that can be done. Some days that really bothers me, but other times I know that I'm trying my hardest to overcome this latest fiasco that is my life.

I do have good news too though: I think my hair is finally long enough to donate to the Locks of Love campaign. http://locksoflove.org/donate.html I just recently realized what that means.... My hair has grown an amazing 10" or more in a little over 2 years. That is an incredible change. From almost bald this time 2 years ago (see the photo at the bottom of this page) to having a 10" ponytail! I'm excited to donate my chemo-hair to a worthy cause.

Chemo baby is also doing quite well. The only problem she has is excema. Truth-be-told, Dr L in Houston said that the likelihood of my chemo causing Rachel's excema is slight. Rachel's pediatrician indicated that my asthma and seasonal allergies as well as Andrew's allergies probably contributed the genes responsible for Rachel's excema. We're all hoping that she'll outgrow it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Chemo-Jane hair-style

My Chemo-Jane hair-style
I just had to have my mom buzz my hair because it was falling out so badly.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.
My loving husband is watching me distract myself with a game on his iPhone.

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs
I even have a fashionable belt to hold up my drains.

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE
The smile is fake because the TEs were irritating!