Monday, August 31, 2009

Blood tests & town

Today I decided to go ahead & do my 1hr fasting glucose test for gestational diabetes after doing my CBC for Dr. M. Not eating for 14 hours really kills me! My CBC was fine - low normal like always - but I don't have the results for my glucose test yet. Hopefully it'll be ok too - it was for Simon.

Mom & I then went out on the town intending to catch a matinee (Julie & Julia). However, we were mistaken about the time & I got too tired b/4 it was set to start. So we basically didn't accomplish much today except for wasting some time (and $$).

I'm still wearing my head-bands sans wig for now. I feel kind of funny about it. If I look at myself too much in the mirror I kind of feel self-conscious. However, as I go about my day, I don't really remember that I'm nearly bald. It made me feel good at the Health Park when the lady doing my registration didn't even notice I was balding until I said something & bent my head down to sign the papers. She said I glowed. I'm trying to make sure I dress very feminine & wear good make-up so that I don't look like one of those 'butch' girls. I also don't want to look sick. While we were in Target, I heard a guy say "Ewww" or something right as he saw me. I'm hoping it wasn't a reaction to me, but to something his companion was saying. Then I got self-conscious b/c I was afraid he was talking about me.

Mom says I'm a little fireball b/c she doesn't want to wear me out, but I just keep going & going. Then she forgets that I'm probably getting worn out, so we keep going. Then all the sudden I just melt & feel awful. That's what happened this afternoon. I was good to go, but then its like I hit a wall or something. Actually, I feel like I hit the wall, then I try to do a little more b/c I don't want to be 'sick' or weak or anything. Then I *really* do myself in! Oh well, its nothing that a good night's sleep can't fix I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Chemo-Jane hair-style

My Chemo-Jane hair-style
I just had to have my mom buzz my hair because it was falling out so badly.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.
My loving husband is watching me distract myself with a game on his iPhone.

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs
I even have a fashionable belt to hold up my drains.

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE
The smile is fake because the TEs were irritating!