Saturday, November 28, 2009

Busy busy days!

Well, things have been going quite well since little Rachel made her debut. She's passed all her tests with flying colors - her APGAR was even a 9.9 out of 10 in the delivery room. Hearing, PKU, CBC, etc all coming out perfect! I'm doing quite well too. We're waiting on my doctor so we can be released.

She's even a TV star already. Channel 7 News came by yesterday to do an interview with us. The Messenger-Inquirer did a story as well. Not even 24 hours old & she had already been on Channel 7, 25 and in the M&I! Wow - what a diva!

Her doctor just came in to let me know that she's lost about 6 oz (perfectly normal & acceptable) and is just a little jaundiced, but not bad (again pretty normal & acceptable). I just fed her almost 2 oz of formula again. She's a good little eater! She's helping me type right now actually!

Simon is a great big brother. He cannot get over her! He wants to hug, touch, & kiss her all the time. He'd definitely hold her if we gave him the opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Chemo-Jane hair-style

My Chemo-Jane hair-style
I just had to have my mom buzz my hair because it was falling out so badly.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.
My loving husband is watching me distract myself with a game on his iPhone.

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs
I even have a fashionable belt to hold up my drains.

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE
The smile is fake because the TEs were irritating!