Wednesday, November 4, 2009
I found out today that Rachel is still snug w/ no progress toward the outside! Her heart-rate is still good at 147 bpm. We didn't get an ultrasound today, but that's fine. Starting next week until delivery we'll be having Biophysical Profiles done every week. I'm not exactly sure, but I think that's an ultrasound where she's checked for breathing, movement, blood-flow, etc. I also found out that my bed-rest torture will be over tomorrow! :-) Of course, I'm not able to do a whole lot anyway, but maybe now I won't feel like I have to make excuses for doing silly stuff like fixing supper or walking to give the horse a treat! ;-) Dr. Briones also made a very favorable comment about letting Rachel decide when she wants to come! I was kind of afraid she was going to be pushing for induction/augmentation. She still has 3 weeks to change her mind, but I think she spoke to Dr. Ramariz (the high-risk OB from Houston) & found that the healthiest way for both me & Rachel is for nature to take its course. The earliest I've been considering augmentation/induction is November 23 - St. Rachel's feast day. However, the best option would be for Rachel to arrive *on* her due date - November 26. We'll see what happens! :-)
WOW! I just calculated (based on last week's ultrasound) that if Rachel comes on her due date & gains an ounce a day (like the books say) she's going to weigh a whopping 8.59 lbs (8 lbs 9 oz)... Simon was 7 lbs 14 oz... I'm glad she's growing so well, but I'm still kind of freaking out about how she's coming out that big!!! Especially since I know her head measured at 38 weeks last week at 35 wks 6 days... Fat head & fat body coming out where?!?!?!?!