Thursday, February 25, 2010

Foobie goobies...

Well, I typed too much earlier & made my arms swell up, so I won't do as much tonight. My drains are also leaking out my back. A good portion of the fluid is still going through the tubes (I had the doctors check yesterday), but its also soaking through some of the gauze. I keep feeling like my back is wet, but apparently I'm just paranoid!

I'm hoping that tonight's drain output will all be below 20 ccs like it was this morning! I'm *REALLY* hoping that the plastic surgeon will take some of the drains out tomorrow. I'm just afraid that in addition to having a minimum output, there's also a minimum time for the drains. Theoretically, from my information, as soon as the drains are putting out less than 30 ccs for 2 24 hour time periods they can come out. However, I realize that it has only been a week since my surgery (tomorrow night) & its kind of quick. There can be complications if the drains are removed too soon, so I don't want that either. The fluid that goes into them is best *not* going into my body, so its a fine line. However, as of this morning I only had 1 drain that had 20 ccs in it, the others were 8, 8, and 10 ccs. I'm typically a fairly good healer, so maybe I am ready. I guess he'll let me know tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow's appointments are with my breast oncologist & the plastic surgeon. I'm not sure what the breast oncologist wants with me, but I've got *HIGH* hopes for my visit with the plastic surgeon. After my appointments we're going to start our journey home. We may make it all in one drive, but we may also have to stop for the night somewhere. It will depend on my chauffeurs! Anyway, I'll be updating again soon. I'd better quit now though b/4 my arms swell again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Chemo-Jane hair-style

My Chemo-Jane hair-style
I just had to have my mom buzz my hair because it was falling out so badly.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.
My loving husband is watching me distract myself with a game on his iPhone.

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs
I even have a fashionable belt to hold up my drains.

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE
The smile is fake because the TEs were irritating!