Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Foobs = udderly painful?

Well, the foobs are still udderly painful, but hopefully that'll get better soon. I don't know how or why my experience yesterday made me suffer so much today, but it did/is! Tomorrow I have an appointment w/ the breast surgeon... Too bad she can't relieve me of my drains or this infernal surgical bra... That's the plastic surgeon's call.


If 'normal' boob jobs are anywhere *near* as painful as this I absolutely CANNOT imagine willingly doing this to yourself!!! The drains alone are a pain in the @$$ - not to mention the swelling, bruising, surgical bra, etc. Suffering for the sake of beauty has never made sense to me, but this would be ridiculous! I mean, comparing this to wearing high heels is like comparing a splinter in your finger to a spike through your head! If it weren't for this nasty cancer crap, I'd NEVER have considered anything like this. Maybe someone out there who reads this has done the boob job thing and can share their reasoning, but I'm thinking you've gotta be nuts! Knowing how miserable mom was after her boob job & a tummy tuck doesn't make me understand that either! You can't possibly think you're that ugly! If you do - you need better friends! (Sorry if I offend anyone in the 'audience'.)


Here's my rant... Its horrible how girls/women feel compelled to be the most beautiful and/or perfect. I'm not completely resistant to wanting to look & feel beautiful - don't get me wrong. I've just never really had that serious push to go beyond the bare minimal. I hope Rachel never feels the need either. I know that most of my friends are beautiful in their own ways and to their own husbands/significant others/friends. However, I'm sure there are some that I know who have considered surgery as an option. However, experiencing this as I have (granted I'm sure there are significant differences), I'd say friends don't let friends do needless surgery!

In my opinion, no one should feel the *need* to have to have surgery to 'perfect' their body. Also my opinion is that ensuring that friends & loved ones don't feel that *need* starts at home. Friends need to identify and cultivate the spark they see in their friends. Spouses need to tell one another that they think the other is beautiful/handsome as often as possible. Parents need to tell their children that they are beautiful/handsome just as they are. We need to teach our children that there is MUCH more to life than the physical. If we build a strong enough foundation with our children, the childhood banter will truly be banter and not taken more seriously than it should.

I sincerely hope that I've never made anyone feel less than God's gift. I'm sure I probably have, but I apologize for that now. God thinks we're all wonderful - He created us the way we are. Since God is everything good, beautiful, and perfect, we should believe Him. If there were surgery to make us more God-like (in a good way, not a power-hungry/greedy way) then we should ALL sign up. However, God created us the way He did for His own (very good) reasons. Cherish that!

The bottom line is... Friends don't let friends suffer through unnecessary surgeries! If you love your friends and family - don't let them do this to themselves! Its horrible (in my opinion)! Love your friends & family & cherish them as they are - God's gifts to you!

1 comment:

  1. I agree totally! I like the "friends don't let friends have unnecessary surgery" That is excellent advice!!

    I tell ya...I'm going to live life with a uni-boob...just simply because the thought of another surgery with another drain is just more than I can handle!

    You ARE closer to being done than you were a month ago!!!

    I think you are udderly fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete

My Chemo-Jane hair-style

My Chemo-Jane hair-style
I just had to have my mom buzz my hair because it was falling out so badly.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.
My loving husband is watching me distract myself with a game on his iPhone.

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs
I even have a fashionable belt to hold up my drains.

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE
The smile is fake because the TEs were irritating!