Thursday, August 26, 2010

Drumroll please... Blood counts are...

OK!!! They're not exceptionally high or anything. Actually, I'm just barely squeaking by with a whole 0.4 over the absolute minimum! However, it should be good enough for surgery next Tuesday (August 31st). I can't decide if I'm nervous or just anxious to get this phase of my life FINISHED. We're leaving the kiddos behind Saturday to make our way to Houston. Dad's coming w/ us, but mom will man the fort (and the kids) while we're away!

I did my public speaking engagement yesterday for the Making Strides kick-off breakfast! It was great! I stood there w/ Rachel on my hip. She, of course, tried to steal the show by grabbing the microphone & babbling a bit. I just honestly told my story, & of course I left a bit of what I wanted to say out (that's the problem w/ not having note-cards or a page to read from). I think a lot of the people there were suitably moved & happy to hear my story. I got some laughs & a lot of head nods &/or head shakes when I emphasized that the only 2 choices most women know about are terminating their unborn baby or possibly dying from their cancer. My goal is to share that there *is* a 3rd option that is entirely viable - have the baby & treatment at the same time!

I'm so blessed to have the opportunity to share my story with such wonderful caring people. I'm even more blessed to be surrounded by the wonderful, caring, loving people like my family & friends that have supported me through this entire situation. Its not finished yet, & I'm not entirely certain I'll ever be 'over it', but I know with the support I have I'll beat this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Chemo-Jane hair-style

My Chemo-Jane hair-style
I just had to have my mom buzz my hair because it was falling out so badly.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.
My loving husband is watching me distract myself with a game on his iPhone.

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs
I even have a fashionable belt to hold up my drains.

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE
The smile is fake because the TEs were irritating!