Friday, September 3, 2010

This sucks...

If there's a list of what can go wrong during an ooph I probably hit all the top ones. I had my surgery Aug 31st. Supposed to be laproscopic & implant exchange. Ended up being a laparotomy without exchange. I lost almost 2 liters of blood during surgery. I had adhesions from endometriosis all over. She left my uterus. I've had transfusions & now have illeus (my bowel's asleep). I'm still in the hospital & I'm absolutely miserable. I still have my horribly ugly expanders. I'm pissy & sore.I'm 900 miles away from my home & kids. Farting is my biggest accomplishment for the day. It just sucks.

3 comments:

  1. omg. this is just so horrible. i am thinking about you and said a little prayer for you to be able to continue weathering this storm.

    hugs,
    rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes..but in this case, farting is good, right?
    Erika, you are one of the bravest people I know! Ok, so I don't really know you personally, but, I still think you are very brave.
    I can't imagine how rough this must be on you....but you aren't alone. You are in my prayers...really! Try to rest and let your body heal. I'm so glad that you are OK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your comments on the FORCE boards about this. I am so sorry you are going through this and on top of it all you didn't even end up with your exchange! Be patient with yourself, the gas will begin to calm down by around 10 days to two weeks (which was far longer than I liked). Sending positive vibes for a speedy recovery.

    BTW, cute kids!!!

    Joi

    ReplyDelete

My Chemo-Jane hair-style

My Chemo-Jane hair-style
I just had to have my mom buzz my hair because it was falling out so badly.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.
My loving husband is watching me distract myself with a game on his iPhone.

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs
I even have a fashionable belt to hold up my drains.

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE
The smile is fake because the TEs were irritating!