Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2 days to go!!!

I get to have my exchange surgery in 2 days!!! I'm so excited. However, my excitement has been tempered somewhat by the odd (to me) demand from my surgeon & the surgery center for me to pay up-front my out-of-pocket/insurance deductible. I've never had to do this before. I know I'm going to have to pay it eventually, but it just seems more reasonable to request it AFTER I receive the service & not in one lump sum. I have an emotional issue with thinking that I'm being treated as a frivolous cosmetic patient instead of a medical necessity (as declared by the AMA) cancer patient.

I just noticed that the addition of a "s" to my first sentence in a key location, could change the WHOLE meaning of what I'm excited about... :-D






Above is me this time last year - before my mastectomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Chemo-Jane hair-style

My Chemo-Jane hair-style
I just had to have my mom buzz my hair because it was falling out so badly.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.
My loving husband is watching me distract myself with a game on his iPhone.

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs
I even have a fashionable belt to hold up my drains.

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE
The smile is fake because the TEs were irritating!