Thursday, February 10, 2011

Blood test results are in...

I got the call I've been dreading since Monday. Dr. S's office called to let me know about paying for my surgery. While I had them on the phone I asked for my blood test results (they didn't have them yesterday). It took her a minute, but she came back with the answers. My white blood cell count is low (I think), but just by a point or so. My PTT (clotting ability) is a bit high, which is surprising since I've been bruising a lot lately. As she was telling me this, my stomach was dropping to the ground (I was walking across the parking lot carrying 2 96 oz apple juice bottles & a gallon of milk). I was mentally preparing myself for the, "In your best interest, its best that we post-pone..."


Instead I got the OK! I GET TO HAVE MY SURGERY!!!!!!!!!! That is of course as long as I take my Tamiflu & don't get the flu (or whatever bug mom has) between now & then!!! I'm so excited! I never thought I'd be so excited to have surgery! I'm one big exclamation point!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Chemo-Jane hair-style

My Chemo-Jane hair-style
I just had to have my mom buzz my hair because it was falling out so badly.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.
My loving husband is watching me distract myself with a game on his iPhone.

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs
I even have a fashionable belt to hold up my drains.

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE
The smile is fake because the TEs were irritating!