Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tomorrow's the big day!

I'm so excited! I am having my exchange tomorrow!! I'm also full of trepidation. The bad luck I've had in the past year is haunting my memory right now. There are so many risks. I know its mostly just me being paranoid, but I've got some serious bad feelings right now.

I keep mentally repeating "Oh my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee. I detest all my sins because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell, but most of all because they offend Thee, my God, who are all good & deserving of my love. I firmly resolve with the help of Thy grace to confess my sins, do penance, and amend my life. Amen."

Every once in a while I also mentally say, "Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen."

Realistically, I know everything will be fine, but even as excited as I am, I know the risks. Whew... I'll be so glad when all this is behind me!

2 comments:

  1. My dear heart, I am praying right along with you...but just like you I have FAITH that everything will be just fine.

    So glad that you were able to stay healthy so that your surgery will FINALLY happen. You know that I know how you feel and believe me, once this final step is over, you will breathe a sigh of relief and go on with your life.

    This blip on your radar will simply make you an even better person than you already are. Dad and I are so very proud of you and love you beyond belief! You go get em, girlie, and know that your kiddies will be happy and safe with me. No worries!

    And just think...in a few short weeks you'll be able to sleep on your stomach for the first time in over a year! Hugs and kisses to you my girl...and God Bless You (signing the sign of the cross on your forehead).

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my prayers! Everything will be fine! I am so excited for you....and jealous...but in a GOOD way! ;0)
    Just know that I'm standing right beside you (well...from Florida!)

    ReplyDelete

My Chemo-Jane hair-style

My Chemo-Jane hair-style
I just had to have my mom buzz my hair because it was falling out so badly.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.
My loving husband is watching me distract myself with a game on his iPhone.

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs
I even have a fashionable belt to hold up my drains.

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE
The smile is fake because the TEs were irritating!