Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 3

Well, I'm definitely not in as sour of a mood today as I was yesterday. I'm sure mom & the rest of my family are glad about that! ;-) I'm still sore & in new places, but I think I've come to terms w/ it now. We're on our way to go get my pump changed out, then its back home for me to rest some more. Actually, as we speak I'm cooking some supper for my wonderful husband & adorable son. Gotta love crock-pots! That's still considered resting, right?! I just stink at this being 'sick' stuff... Oh well, I guess I still have plenty of time to learn! Have a blast everyone!

I'm kind of disappointed. We didn't get to hear Rachel's heart-tones today b/c Dr. Briones office was crazy full. I felt (and still do) her kicking and rolling around though, so I'm sure all is still ok. We're going to go Monday to hear her probably before I have my blood tested.

I cooked up something pretty good tonight... Love crock-pots! I put a jar of spaghetti sauce, 1 lb of smoked sausage (the bit - like polish sausage), 1 cup mixed bell peppers with onions, a can of mushrooms, 3 cloves garlic (I LOVE garlic), and a 1/4 cup of chopped banana peppers in the crock-pot on high for 3 hours. Then I cooked a box and 1/2 of Rotini pasta until it was al-dente and added it as well. I added a dash of Italian seasoning, Oregano, Basil, & Majoram to help season it. I ended up cutting the sausages into bite-sized pieces. It was good just like it was, but I think it could also had been a bit better with some parmesan cheese. It was just a bit sweet (not real sure where the sweetness came from), but I like it that way! To go with it, I made some Texas Toast and some broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot mix with Italian seasoning. A decent balanced meal that both of my boys ate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Chemo-Jane hair-style

My Chemo-Jane hair-style
I just had to have my mom buzz my hair because it was falling out so badly.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.
My loving husband is watching me distract myself with a game on his iPhone.

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs
I even have a fashionable belt to hold up my drains.

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE
The smile is fake because the TEs were irritating!