Saturday, September 26, 2009

An early morning in L&D

Contractions woke me early this morning (around 130 am). Before I woke Andrew I'd had at least 3 within an hour & 1/2. Dr. B was adamant that I go to L&D if that happened, so I did. They hooked me up to monitors to check Rachel's heart-rate & to see the regularity of my contractions. The problem was they had a hard time positioning the monitors b/c my belly isn't all that huge. The monitor seemed to miss most of the contractions I felt. To be on the safe-side, Dr. Newton (on call for Dr. B) ordered all kinds of tests. The fetal fibronectin is supposed to be 99% accurate of predicting labor for 2 weeks. It was negative (ie - I'm not going into labor in the next 2 weeks). Rachel was firmly closed inside with no changes to my cervix. Another great thing. They even tested me for a UTI & any signs of infection. Everything was negative. Yippee! This visit to L&D again confirmed that as SOON as I get to the hospital for delivery I'm getting an epidural! Bring on the drugs b/c some of the things they have to do just to check me out are definitely more than just a little uncomfortable! We spent about 3 hours there and although I'm still a bit miserable, at least I know that Rachel isn't coming any time too soon. We're all taking naps now (even Simon altho he pretty much slept through the whole episode). Bleh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Chemo-Jane hair-style

My Chemo-Jane hair-style
I just had to have my mom buzz my hair because it was falling out so badly.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.
My loving husband is watching me distract myself with a game on his iPhone.

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs
I even have a fashionable belt to hold up my drains.

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE
The smile is fake because the TEs were irritating!