Thursday, January 28, 2010

Bleh...

Well, I had an allergic reaction to the Taxotere Monday night and into Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm on steroids now to control it. I took enough Benadryl to make myself pass out for close to 36 hours! This reaction cemented my decision to go ahead w/ my surgery on the 19th. Plus I spoke to one of the chemo nurses about the reason behind another chemo treatment. She indicated that Dr. M likes over-kill. She said that if he had any doubts about me still having cancer cells in my body he wouldn't back down & let me skip this last treatment. Since he did - pretty easily - she said that he thought I was probably fine w/ just the surgery. So even though the surgery is still freaking me out somewhat I've at least got a plan I feel I can stick with.

Rachel is still sick, but seems to be feeling better. We're still giving her the breathing treatments and suctioning her nose out pretty frequently. She's also has backed off her formula a bit, but she's still taking 5 oz per meal. Not too bad for a 2 month old! She has a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so we'll see what he has to say about her condition.

1 comment:

  1. What kind of reaction did you have?
    I'm just curious because I was on a Cytoxan/Taxotere cocktail too!
    I had tingling in my hands and feet as well as one of my toenails turned black. They made me take steroids for 2 days before and 3 days after each treatment.
    How are you doing now? You are in my prayers! Hang in there! Oh, and that baby can not be any cuter!

    ReplyDelete

My Chemo-Jane hair-style

My Chemo-Jane hair-style
I just had to have my mom buzz my hair because it was falling out so badly.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.
My loving husband is watching me distract myself with a game on his iPhone.

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs
I even have a fashionable belt to hold up my drains.

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE
The smile is fake because the TEs were irritating!