Monday, October 19, 2009

Butterball continues growing well!

Today we got to see Rachel again! She's doing great! She's still measuring at least a week to 2 weeks ahead by size. The weight estimate is now at 5.78 lbs! My fluid levels are also up which is a very good thing. The only negative is that I'm already dilated 1 cm and 50% effaced. I did the same thing w/ Simon w/ no real problems. I'm supposed to be easier on myself though to keep from progressing further than necessary. Overall, Dr. Briones is very pleased w/ our progress!

I got my blood tested today again as well. Everything is still doing pretty good, but my white count is probably as low as its ever been. I'm not on any restrictions that I know of, but I'm going to try to remember to step up the hand-washing & avoiding sick people.

Simon learned a new word today - comba (combine). So far his favorite words are tractor, lawn mowa (lawn mower), big (for semi trucks), and now comba. He can also count to 3 now on his own. I'm not sure if he understands completely, but he does a pretty good job. He counts stop-lights (at those intersections w/ 3 in a row). He can also say bee (any kind of bug), beeble (either people or bubbles depending on context), momma, daddy, nana (like the nah-nah song), nanny, apple, and some others. These are the words that he actually says - there are bunches others that he has said in the past for about a week, but he doesn't repeat them. Of all crazy things he doesn't say car or truck... Weird for a mechanic's son in my opinion. Oh well, he's learning! Its great to watch him continue growing so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Chemo-Jane hair-style

My Chemo-Jane hair-style
I just had to have my mom buzz my hair because it was falling out so badly.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.
My loving husband is watching me distract myself with a game on his iPhone.

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs
I even have a fashionable belt to hold up my drains.

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE
The smile is fake because the TEs were irritating!