Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I've been slacking...

We had a crazy weekend this weekend. Saturday I had to have Andrew take me to L&D b/c I was contracting & just feeling 'off'. They monitored me for a couple hours, checked me for dilation/effacement, and then released me to bed-rest.

Then Sunday morning really early, Simon had to be taken to the ER b/c he quit breathing for a moment or 2 while Andrew was trying to rock him back to sleep. He'd been coughing w/ a snotty nose earlier that night, and woke up screaming high-pitched while coughing & making a weird noise. Andrew tried to get him to calm down for 3 hours b/4 he noticed Simon quit breathing. When we got to the ER of course we waited & waited & waited. Once the doctor actually saw Simon, he tested him for flu and did chest x-rays. Both came back negative (that's good). The doc said Simon has croup and a double ear infection.

Well, I'm not a big fan of ER docs, plus he told us to check in w/ Simon's pediatrician in a couple days, so I had my mother-in-law take him to the pediatrician. The pediatrician said his ears were clear (less than 48 hours after the ER doc said he had double ear infections). He did say Simon probably does have croup. He recommended that we give him steroids for the upper respiratory inflammation. We were hesitant and had already refused a steroid injection at the ER b/c the last time Simon had steroids he became a crazy child. However, the pediatrician said that we could cut the dose to once a day to reduce the side effects.

So w/ me on bed rest & Simon not feeling so well, its been a bit crazy. Theoretically I should have all the time in the world since I'm on bed rest, but I'm not really handling it all that well. I hate just the idea of being inactive on purpose. Its one thing to lack motivation on your own, but to be told you can't do anything besides sit/lay around is just irritating. Andrew is really stepping up though b/c he's doing a lot w/ Simon (especially since Simon rejects me most of the time for bed & stuff) and cleaning up the house for me. I just hate feeling worthless and helpless.

Now I find out that our lovely little Sarah has the flu - theoretically the swine flu. Of course since Thursday we've all been practically living together. Since I'm in several high risk categories, I called my OB and she's going to give me Tamiflu to hopefully prevent me from getting the full blown flu. I'm wondering about Simon & Andrew too though. I don't want/need either of them to be sick either. Oh the drama!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Chemo-Jane hair-style

My Chemo-Jane hair-style
I just had to have my mom buzz my hair because it was falling out so badly.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.
My loving husband is watching me distract myself with a game on his iPhone.

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs
I even have a fashionable belt to hold up my drains.

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE
The smile is fake because the TEs were irritating!