Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Crazy morning...

This morning the dog woke me up at 6 by hacking her lungs up. I have no idea what caused it, but it sure was annoying. She even woke Andrew, but thankfully not Simon. We booted her outside... What can I say - we aren't morning people! (She's fine by the way.) Well, then it started raining & spoiled little creature that Copper is, she started barking incessantly at the door wanting back inside. Andrew got up & let her in, but that was it - he couldn't go back to sleep. So he got dressed for work & since Simon wasn't awake yet & I suggested it, he left Simon with me.

Luckily Simon decided to sleep until 9 - yippee! However, when I pushed his door open I was met by the overwhelming smell of pee. I walked in & at first glance everything was fine. Then I touched a blanket, only to find that it was sopping wet. The same w/ his pillow, sheet, mattress cover, huggie blanket, and pajamas. I just washed all his sheets & stuff yesterday, so I wasn't really very thrilled. Guess how much more thrilled I was when I went to change his diaper only to find that it had basically exploded inside his pajamas. The gel-like goo that's inside the diapers to soak up the pee was all over him. Its in little tiny pebbles that are wet, but not completely. He had little pebbles of the gel from his chin all the way down into the feet. So had to stand him up & strip him. Of course, the gel got EVERYWHERE and he still smelled like pee.

First things first, I needed to clean him. So since I just wanted to do a quickie, I ran hot water in the kitchen sink, where I used to give him his baths. Apparently he's developed a phobia about taking a bath in the sink. He shrieked, bucked, stiffened, and was basically very uncooperative while I rinsed him off. He wouldn't sit in the sink, so I had him standing. He wouldn't let go of my neck, so I got soaked too. He kept trying to get out so I had to hold onto one leg to keep it in the sink. It was horrible! When I finally got him rinsed off & wrapped him in his towel he was fine. That is, until I headed to his bedroom. Then he started screaming again. I think he associates baths/getting clean w/ going to bed & he didn't want to go back to bed. Once I grabbed a diaper & left his room, he was fine again. Go figure... Of course, by this point I've broken all the rules Dr. Briones told me. I'm not supposed to pick him up - how else could I get him into & out of the sink... I'm not supposed to wrestle with him - how else was I supposed to get him cleaned off... I'm not supposed to stress out - what else could I do w/ a pee-covered, screaming little boy... In the end, he was clean & I was exhausted. Thank GOD for mom! I dressed him for her & brought him to her house. The up side of this whole adventure was that mom got to see him in his cute little pumpkin sweatshirt w/ matching socks again!

Oh yeah, 20 months ago today, Simon was just coming into this world! I have to say that the 30 minute clean up today was harder than my 13 hour labor! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Chemo-Jane hair-style

My Chemo-Jane hair-style
I just had to have my mom buzz my hair because it was falling out so badly.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.
My loving husband is watching me distract myself with a game on his iPhone.

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs
I even have a fashionable belt to hold up my drains.

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE
The smile is fake because the TEs were irritating!