Wednesday, March 3, 2010

All's well on the chest front!

Last night must have been a turning point for me. I'm not feeling nearly as emotional right now. Maybe I needed a good dose of my babies to help my emotions recover. My mom (bless her heart) came down to the house today with both babies. She would lift and/or place Rachel where-ever she needed to be then I'd do what I could from my position. I also played big duplo blocks with Simon. We had a really good day!

Simon is having bed-time issues for probably only the 2nd or 3rd time in his life. He fights naps & bed-time like crazy. Except for this big trip to Houston, he's had the same routine for bed since he was a tiny baby. However, he's also in that 'terrible-two's stage, so some rebellion is expected. However, Andrew & I are working on being firm, but also comforting to him. So far it seems to be working. I can even get him to do something he doesn't want to do w/o having to wrestle around with him. The next thing we're going to work on is the dreaded POTTY training! :-(

My pain has also decreased significantly. That's excellent! The foobs still look weird, but they're kind of 'growing' on me. All my stitches/glue looks to be holding well. Some of the glue is peeling of around the edges, but that's normal. Nothing is red or irritated either. (If you're uncomfortable thinking about specifics of the breast, you may want to skip to the next paragraph.) My biggest concern right now is my nipples. After surgery they were bruised, swollen, and *really* dark purple. <---Actually about that color. Anyway, both the breast & plastic surgeon said they looked fine, but to keep an eye on them. No specifics, just keep an eye on them. Then when we left the plastics guy's office he mentioned that it would be completely normal for the really dark skin to peel off and look kind of raw for a while. The resulting nipples would be maybe a little lighter than that that doesn't peel off (that wasn't damaged), but would look normal. Its kind of scary to see them peeling like this. What makes it especially scary to me is that I can't feel them yet (if ever), so I'm not sure when they're super inflamed except by looking. I intend on having them looked at this Friday. I hope he has the same opinion I do - they're angry, but ok.

So it seems like everything is going well. Thanks for the prayers - please keep them coming! Know that even though I probably don't know 1/2 (if that many) of you who are praying for me I pray for you every night too. Simon even adds random people to his prayer list at nap & bed-time. So hopefully, we're all covered w/ blessings from our God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Chemo-Jane hair-style

My Chemo-Jane hair-style
I just had to have my mom buzz my hair because it was falling out so badly.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.
My loving husband is watching me distract myself with a game on his iPhone.

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs
I even have a fashionable belt to hold up my drains.

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE
The smile is fake because the TEs were irritating!