Saturday, March 6, 2010

Is it a tid bit nipple-y in here?

NOTE: There is much talk of nipples in this post, so reader beware. Its mostly the 1st paragraph.

Friday we met w/ Dr. W in Louisville, my 'local' plastic surgeon. Some of his first words were that my right nipple didn't look like it was getting enough circulation and that I might lose it. That completely freaked me out. I don't want to lose the nipple, my surgeon worked hard to keep it. Plus, the next things he said weren't comforting either - that my skin is too thin to take stitches and since the circulation isn't very good it might not heal at all. There was even talk of having to take the implant/expander out. That is NOT good news. He didn't fill me b/c he thought the increased pressure would just further decrease the circulation. We're in wait & see mode & its freaking me out. My next appointment is for March 12 (this coming Friday). If the right nipple doesn't look better I'm going to see if I can just get him to cut the dead tissue off and try to let the good tissue heal itself. I have extra to spare & I can't feel them anyway, so why not? There is some good re-growing tissue under there, its just covered by the bad tissue.

I'm also still on all my restrictions plus another antibiotic and another restriction - no bra. That was actually the high point of the meeting. I've always hated bras, so to be released from them is great news. Bras have been a particular enemy of mine since this surgery since my rib cage is also terribly sore. However, I was hoping he'd say I was healing well enough to start picking up Rachel & stuff. You don't realize how limited you are when your chest muscles don't work until it happens to you.

This weekend has flown by in a way b/c immediately after my appointment we (Andrew, his brother - Matt, and I) drove to Springfield, MO to pick up Andrew's new toy. Its a red 1995 Cobra Mustang. It was super low mileage & in pretty decent condition for a great price (well under book value). He sold his red 1994 Mustang GT a little before we got married. He's missed it terribly, so since this was such a good deal, we bought it. He'll hopefully teach me to drive stick in it. Eventually it may even become Simon's car. The downside is that Springfield, MO is over 7 hours from home. So we didn't get back until almost 6 pm tonight - we left at 6 am Friday. :-( Poor mom has had the kids all that time. I know she's exhausted, so hopefully this week we'll be able to take some of the strain off of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Chemo-Jane hair-style

My Chemo-Jane hair-style
I just had to have my mom buzz my hair because it was falling out so badly.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.
My loving husband is watching me distract myself with a game on his iPhone.

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs
I even have a fashionable belt to hold up my drains.

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE
The smile is fake because the TEs were irritating!