Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Pecs/breasts of steel!

You know how they have exercise regimens for "Abs of Steel" & "Buns of Steel"? Well, I have a regimen that I DO NOT recommend for 'Pecs/breasts of Steel'! You should see the ripples when I flex my muscles... Not a pretty sight! ;-)

I am so embarrassed & you guys are the only ones I'll admit it to... Yesterday, when the pediatricians office told me the kids appointments weren't until today I was sure they were yesterday. Well, it turns out they WERE supposed to be today! The reminder on my phone went off this afternoon! I don't feel too bad b/c I KNOW I got a phone call from them Monday telling me the appointments were on Tuesday. However, it is pretty embarrassing regardless!

Had a day w/ the kiddos today. I pushed the big stroller up to mom's w/ Rachel in it. For some unknown reason I can apparently feed Lukas (my nephew) better than my mom, so that was my 1st order of business. Another unknown reason kind of thing is that my mom can make Rachel quiet down when she won't even begin to respond to me! So that was one of mom's tasks! Otherwise we had a good time playing outside once the big-kids woke up from their nap.

Although I'm still pretty much hating the foobs, the pain is mostly going away. Tuesday I found a couple of dresses with my mother-in-law for Easter... Now the big decision is which dress makes me look the slimmest and disguises the foobs best. My mom and Abby (niece) have their favorite. I'll have to ask Andrew next. I found out really quickly after going through my closet that one of the biggest differences between real breasts & these foobs I have for now is that real breasts have a certain amount of compress-ability. Even if a top is a bit too small, real breasts can compensate by spreading out. However, my breasts of steel are always the same. The implants are supposed to be quite a bit more like real breasts, so hopefully I'll be happier w/ them.

Speaking of the implants, I emailed both my plastic surgeon and the gynecologic oncologist offices last night. It looks like I'll be free to have my combined surgery sometime in early July. The gyn-onc is actually available starting in June (she's on maternity leave until then), but I'd rather be not in post-surgery pain for my birthday. Of course, I could try to schedule the surgery for early June & hope the pain is gone by my b-day and have more 'normal' foobs. However, from what I've read it can take months for even the implants to feel more normal, so I think I'm going to wait until after my b-day! I'll be 29 this year... If I have the surgery on the day I want, it'll be almost exactly a year (just needs one more day) from my diagnosis. That means I'll have started & hopefully mostly finished this journey in a year! Its been a long one, but I'm making it. Thanks for all the support guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Chemo-Jane hair-style

My Chemo-Jane hair-style
I just had to have my mom buzz my hair because it was falling out so badly.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.
My loving husband is watching me distract myself with a game on his iPhone.

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs
I even have a fashionable belt to hold up my drains.

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE
The smile is fake because the TEs were irritating!