Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A new member of the team...

I heard from the plastic surgeon today. I'm in contact with a doctor in Louisville, KY who's going to do my follow-up care, evaluation, and expansions. He and the MD Anderson doctor are friends or at least pretty close associates. My appointment in Louisville is for Friday at 10 am. I'm kind of dreading it, but I'm kind of looking forward to it too. We're (me & Andrew) are going to have to leave around 7 am, but at least its only a 2 hour drive.

I spent much of the day at mom's with Rachel, Abby, and Sarah. Abby made me some brownies and Sarah showered me w/ hugs & kisses. Rachel did her cooing and smiling for me too! It was a pretty good day. The boys spent the day at home together re-bonding. We're trying to make sure Simon feels very secure b/c this has affected him quite obviously. I think that's why we're all the sudden having such a hard time putting him to bed. He's afraid that we won't be there when he wakes up. He also doesn't want to miss a moment with us. Of course, we feel the same way, but since we can rationalize it out its a little easier for us.

It seems like every day I get a little better at my arms (remembering that they don't work). Of course, I'll find out tonight later whether I did too much today or not. I think emotionally Andrew & I are both struggling to keep it together. Its difficult for both of us and sometimes its easy to lose sight of that. With the kids & my medical issues, sometimes the emotional issues get left in the shadows. Then when you're relieved of some stresses, those you've been ignoring pop right back up. Needless to say, Andrew & I have been going from crisis to crisis since my July diagnosis. Even though the end is near, the wear is showing. I love him & he loves me. While that's wonderful, it can also lead to problems. I love him enough to sacrifice some things. He loves me enough to want to over-protect me. If we don't communicate then feelings get hurt, toes get stepped on, and chaos ensues. However, we're working on our communication as well as our emotional and physical health. Keep praying for us please! We need the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Chemo-Jane hair-style

My Chemo-Jane hair-style
I just had to have my mom buzz my hair because it was falling out so badly.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.
My loving husband is watching me distract myself with a game on his iPhone.

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs
I even have a fashionable belt to hold up my drains.

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE
The smile is fake because the TEs were irritating!