Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'm free!!!

Today was the day... I went to Dr. M's office to get some paperwork & also to see if I could get my drains removed. They did it!!!! They're gone! It feels so much better. The right one hurt *really* bad though. It was wrapped in the muscle or something and my whole right side hurts. I've taken some pain meds & I'm hoping it'll go away soon. I also told Dr. M about my negative pathology reports & he was very happy - he high 5'ed me! The nurses said the foobs look pretty good. Tomorrow I go to Louisville to meet w/ the plastic surgeon.

As we were leaving Dr. M's office some of the padding I'd had around my peeling nipples came fell on the ground. I had to replace the padding when they did my drains. The padding I'd been using were old nursing pads one w/ the inside cut out & the other over the top of it to protect the tip. Anyway, I had my hands full, so I asked Simon to pick them up. Then mom looked at me & laughed. She said its not everyday that you get to give your child a counting lesson with nipple pads! Simon didn't seem to mind.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on being drain free! I remember it feeling sooo good to have them gone! You are yet another step closer to having all of this behind you!

    ReplyDelete

My Chemo-Jane hair-style

My Chemo-Jane hair-style
I just had to have my mom buzz my hair because it was falling out so badly.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.
My loving husband is watching me distract myself with a game on his iPhone.

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs
I even have a fashionable belt to hold up my drains.

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE
The smile is fake because the TEs were irritating!