Thursday, March 25, 2010

Still hanging in there...

Well, Andrew is still hanging in there - or should I say his kidney stone is still hanging in there somewhere... :-( He's not in terrible pain, but he does try to keep ahead of it. This is day #2 of him not being in the shop, which is hurting business I'm sure. He even has one guy's vehicle all torn down (he was waiting for parts), but he called the guy & explained. Guys have WAY more sympathy for one another w/ kidney stones (and most other illnesses I've found) than girls do for each other or guys do for girls. I wonder why that is? I mean, most women that I know LOVE to tell a pregnant woman (especially a first-timer) how horrible labor is. If the woman is a 2nd (or multiple-timer) they tend to not get *as* many horror stories, but then it becomes a comparision - mine was worse than yours, etc. Anyway... Just an observation. I try to be the opposite. Both my labors were easy as were the pregnancies (well, if you discount the cancer in the middle of this last one). So I tell *every* pregnant woman that wants to know (and probably some that don't) that it *is* possible for pregnancy, labor, & delivery to be easy - even the 1st time!

The foobs are *still* sore from that last fill. So far today (although I haven't checked since I put the kids to bed) my scab has stayed dry all on its own! Yippee!!! It hasn't gotten pulled up or anything. I even wore Rachel in my HugaMonkey sling while we were shopping. Before you can even think it - yes some slings have been recalled. There is a VITAL difference in those slings & this one (and many others out there). The sling that I use (and the one my sister-in-law Laura uses - PeanutShell) comes in various sizes for the mother's size. This keeps the baby higher on the chest (ie the bottom and feet are around the waist, nothing else is or your sling is too big & you need a different one). Mine also has really light fabric. I can feel every squiggle and wiggle that the baby makes (this sling saved my hiney when Simon was little b/c he was so needy)! The positioning also keeps the babies face visible at all times without having to move material (at least mine does). I have absolutely NO doubts about the safety of my sling & will be a proud user until Rachel gets too big!

Anyway, back to the foobs... They're hanging in there. Actually I've noticed - at least to my feeling - that they are kind of hanging more... I feel like they're sliding down my chest. I'll ask him tomorrow at my appointment whether that's true or not. I've pretty much lifted myself from all my restrictions at this point - I'm not sure if I was supposed to or not, but no sense crying over spilled milk. My main restriction is when they start getting sore and/or my arms are getting tired/sore. Right now I'm craving the single Lortab I'm allowing myself per day. My incision lines are hurting, the foobs hurt deep down (inner chest wall), my arms are sore, and I have a general feeling of soreness. So I'll keep this one short! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Chemo-Jane hair-style

My Chemo-Jane hair-style
I just had to have my mom buzz my hair because it was falling out so badly.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.

Pre-op wearing my hand-crocheted cap with my prayer shawl.
My loving husband is watching me distract myself with a game on his iPhone.

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs

2 days after my BMX w/ 100ccs in the TEs
I even have a fashionable belt to hold up my drains.

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE

3 weeks post-op w/ 400ccs in each TE
The smile is fake because the TEs were irritating!